The ICT Index (Influence, Creativity, Threat) is a new feature for the 2016/17 Premier League campaign.
A football statistical index, it has been developed specifically to give a verdict on a player as a Football Premier League asset.
It condenses more than 40 match event statistics for three key areas – Influence, Creativity and Threat, to generate the data into a single score.
This score is what is known as an individual’s ICT Index score, and via this data is able to offer an accurate summary on player performance.
Season 2016/17 - Last update: 21/02/17 at 9.30am
For those of you currently playing 'Fantasy Premier League Football' you may want to take note!
1. Tom Heaton (Burnley) 74.0 ICT Index
2. Ben Foster (West Brom) 60.7 (pictured right)
3. Heurelho Gomes (Watford) 53.3
4. Petr Cech (Arsenal) 52.0
5. Jordan Pickford (Sunderland) 51.9
6. Lukasz Fabianski (Swansea) 50.3
7. Víctor Valdés (Middlesbrough) 48.8
8. Artur Boruc (Bournemouth) 48.2
9. Lee Grant (Stoke City) 45.7
10. Hugo Lloris (Tottenham) 43.8
1. Patrick van Aanholt (C. Palace) 123.3 ICT Index
2. Kyle Walker (Tottenham) 116.0
3. Michael Keane (Burnley) 111.7
4. Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool) 110.7
4. Antonio Valencia (Man Utd) 110.7
6. Steve Cook (Bournemouth) 108.4
7. Séamus Coleman (Everton) 103.9
8. Charlie Daniels (Bournemouth) 103.8
9. Marcos Alonso (Chelsea) 103.3
10. Gareth McAuley (West Brom) 102.5
1. Alexis Sánchez (Arsenal) 333.0 ICT Index
2. Roberto Firmino (Liverpool) 250.0
3. Christian Eriksen (Tottenham) 239.2
4. Kevin De Bruyne (Man City) 229.4
5. Gylfi Sigurdsson (Swansea) 216.2 (pictured right)
6. Eden Hazard (Chelsea) 215.6
7. Sadio Mané (Liverpool) 209.7
8. Paul Pogba (Man Utd) 206.7
9. Mesut Özil (Arsenal) 205.4
10. Michail AntonioTheo (West Ham) 192.4
1. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Man Utd) 291.6 ICT Index
2. Diego Costa (Chelsea) 241.0
3. Romelu Lukaku (Everton) 219.0 (pictured right)
4. Harry Kane (Tottenham) 183.1
5. Sergio Agüero (Man City) 178.7.
6. Christian Benteke (C. Palace) 171.8
7. Jermain Defoe (Sunderland) 165.2
8. Salomón Rondón (West Brom) 161.1
9. Troy Deeney (Watford) 152.4
10. Fernando Llorente (Swansea) 145.8
Influence is the first measurement. This evaluates the degree to which that player has made an impact on a single match or throughout the season.
It takes into account events and actions that could directly or indirectly effect the outcome of the fixture.
At the top level these are decisive actions like goals and assists. But the Influence score also processes significant defensive actions to analyse the effectiveness of defenders and goalkeepers.
Creativity assesses player performance in terms of producing goalscoring opportunities for others. It can be used as a guide to identify the players most likely to supply assists.
While this analyses frequency of passing and crossing, it also considers pitch location and quality of the final ball.
This is the third measure, producing a value that examines a player's threat on goal. It gauges individuals most likely to score goals.
While attempts are the key action, the Index looks at pitch location, giving greater weight to actions that are regarded as the best chances to score.
All three of these scores are combined to create an overall ICT Index score. That then offers a single figure that presents a view on that player as a Football Premier League asset.