The ICT Index (Influence, Creativity, Threat) is a new feature for the 2016/17 Premier League campaign.
A football statistical index, it has been developed specifically to give a verdict on a player as a Football Premier League asset.
It condenses more than 40 match event statistics for three key areas – Influence, Creativity and Threat, to generate the data into a single score.
This score is what is known as an individual’s ICT Index score, and via this data is able to offer an accurate summary on player performance.
Season 2016/17 - Last update: 12/12/16 at 11am
For those of you currently playing 'Fantasy Premier League Football' you may want to take note!
1. Tom Heaton (Burnley) 45.7 ICT Index (pictured right)
2. Jordan Pickford (Sunderland) 39.9
3. Lukasz Fabianski (Swansea) 35.5
4. Ben Foster (West Brom) 34.4
5. Artur Boruc (Bournemouth) 29.1
6. Maarten Stekelenburg (Everton) 28.9
7. Petr Cech (Arsenal) 28.7
8. Adrian (West Ham) 26.6
9. Hugo Lloris (Tottenham) 25.1
10. Heurelho Gomes (Watford) 25.1
1. Michael Keane (Burnley) 76.6 ICT Index
2. Patrick van Aanholt (Sunderland) 75.3
3. Charlie Daniels (Bournemouth) 72.8
4. Steve Cook (Bournemouth) 71.8
5. Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool) 70.6
6. José Holebas (Watford) 67.7
7. Christian Fuchs (Leicester) 67.3
8. Kyle Walker (Tottenham) 64.8
9. Simon Francis (Bournemouth 63.0
10. Virgil van Dijk (Southampton) 60.7
1. Alexis Sánchez (Arsenal) 192.4 ICT Index
2. Roberto Firmino (Liverpool) 151.0 (pictured right)
3. Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool) 144.9 (Injured - expected back 14 January '17)
4. Eden Hazard (Chelsea) 143.1
5. Christian Eriksen (Tottenham) 139.2
6. Dimitri Payet (West Ham) 136.7 50.4
7. Mesut Özil (Arsenal) 136.3
8. Sadio Mané (Liverpool) 136.3
9. Theo Walcott (Arsenal) 135.3
10. Kevin De Bruyne (Man City) 133.4
1. Diego Costa (Chelsea) 180.4 ICT Index
2. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Man Utd) 167.6
3. Sergio Agüero (Man City) 146.4 (Suspended until 31 December '16)
4. Romelu Lukaku (Everton) 135.3
5. Christian Benteke (C. Palace) 120.0 (pictured right)
6. Jermain Defoe (Sunderland) 97.9
7. Charlie Austin (Southampton) 94.7 (Injured - unknown return date)
8. Fernando Llorente (Swansea) 90.4
9. Salomón Rondón (West Brom) 90.3
10. Harry Kane (Tottenham) 90.2
Influence is the first measurement. This evaluates the degree to which that player has made an impact on a single match or throughout the season.
It takes into account events and actions that could directly or indirectly effect the outcome of the fixture.
At the top level these are decisive actions like goals and assists. But the Influence score also processes significant defensive actions to analyse the effectiveness of defenders and goalkeepers.
Creativity assesses player performance in terms of producing goalscoring opportunities for others. It can be used as a guide to identify the players most likely to supply assists.
While this analyses frequency of passing and crossing, it also considers pitch location and quality of the final ball.
This is the third measure, producing a value that examines a player's threat on goal. It gauges individuals most likely to score goals.
While attempts are the key action, the Index looks at pitch location, giving greater weight to actions that are regarded as the best chances to score.
All three of these scores are combined to create an overall ICT Index score. That then offers a single figure that presents a view on that player as a Football Premier League asset.